TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Oil pressure  (Read 2812 times)

D22A

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSZAQnluDNk&feature=related
Oil pressure
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »

i bouth car in  march  end car oil pressure was greiT on could and on hot engine preSser was normal.i stoped car I went to my contry an i came back manth ego  battery was dead  jump up car but naw oil pressure on could engine was low like  it was on hot few month ego and on hot engine now oil pressure is  very low
I changed oil in march now OIL  has 350 mile i drived 350 only with that oil
picture on hot engine after 25 mile trip few manth ago OIL PRESSURE  was

now it is like his 15 mile trip

hooo has idea  what wrong  whith my car
i do not drive capri enymore but i am still here and not going anywhere  
1996 MT 3000GT LS
1993 CAPRI n/a

JJ

Oil pressure
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 03:35:00 AM »

You probably don't have anything to worry about. You should see my gauge! lol. There's days when I start engine cold and it's at the high end, and 1/2 hr later doing 70mph it drops slowly to the red zone... and then reads zero.  Sometimes I'll stop and turn off car, start it back up and the oil pressure is fine again...

Our pressure gauge is very inaccurate at times. I do notice better pressures after an oil change and sometimes it gets progressively worse as I get to 3000 miles. Some people install a 2nd gauge and that is helpful.

I would check your oil level and make sure it's at the full mark. It's possible it could be your oil pump or some blockage in one of the lines, so don't discount that, but I'd say most people are just victims of bad gauges (ford took the numbers off the consoles specifically to combat this issue of people wondering what's wrong with their new cars)

JJ

David Young

• 1993 XR2
Oil pressure
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 03:59:00 AM »

I agree with that.  My guage starts out high and then levels out to mid to bottom third while driving.  However, in your last picture, the car appeared to be idling.  The pressure would be low, if the car is warmed and just idling.  I ran 20W50 in my turbo last summer, and it reacted great to it; however I had to change it in early fall, because of cold nights.  This year I run 10W30 synthetic and a quart of Lucas engine treatment with every change and have not had any trouble.

DY
David A. Young

D22A

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSZAQnluDNk&feature=related
Oil pressure
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »

I run 5-30w but you what is strange  wen I left 6 month ego it was fine and now  I run the car buttary was dead only, and samting can happend to oil pump  if its not working???? I thing it oil sender unit is damiged becouse inside is some liqvid I don't now
i do not drive capri enymore but i am still here and not going anywhere  
1996 MT 3000GT LS
1993 CAPRI n/a