TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Paint/Finishing Question  (Read 4078 times)

JeffL

Paint/Finishing Question
« on: January 05, 2008, 05:40:00 AM »

Happy New Year to All -

Had a question if anyone could help me with in regards to painting my Capri.

My '93 Capri is currently Platinum clearcoat (color code YB). I was thinking about adding pinstriping to the car, since I've seen a number of pin-striped Capris that looked real sharp.

My question is whether pin-striping was ever a factory included option in any production year? and secondly if anyone had suggestions of which color pin stripe would best match the silver finish of my car.

Thanks!
Jeff

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
Paint/Finishing Question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »

Hey JeffL! I personally don't know about "factory" pinsrping or grapics. Ihave a couple of cars with differeht graphics on them that look good. With your paint color, Red and Dark Grey would look good. If you hire a pinstriper he or she can guide you. Take a look at Spiro's Capri, great looking graphics. Good Luck.  Gus.

JeffL

Paint/Finishing Question
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »

Hi Gus,
Thanks fo the feedback!!! I am thinking about painting the car this spring, the same factory color, but I was thinking about customizing it a lttle with pinstripes. I put a new top and re-upholstered the seats this past October. I actually kind of re-stuffed & sewn the seats since the original fabric was like new. The new top makes a world of difference and now the paint does not seem up to par no more.
I looked at Spiro's pictures and the graphics are super cool (and the wheels are awesome too!)
Thanks again & take care!
Jeff

spiro

• http://N/a
Paint/Finishing Question
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the compliments...

good luck with that re-spray...

regards,
spiro - 1989 SA Ford Capri