TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: fuel pressure  (Read 17133 times)

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
fuel pressure
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

Hey i! I tried to research to no imediate avail. You might try a local discount supplier. I'll continue to research tomorrow. Gus.

ilarson007

fuel pressure
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »

Well, the ones I see on eBay (for the most part) are the Autoteq 255lph, for like $70.  *Runs and checks the internet...  The Walbro is $100

EDIT:  Is it advised to replace the strainer and gasket too?

ilarson007

fuel pressure
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 03:49:00 AM »

Well, I just talked to the guy at the dealership, and he said it should be at 38 at idle, so...  I'm looking for a fuel pump now.

ilarson007

fuel pressure
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »

put in a new fuel pump, still didn't fix it... I'm getting really f@#$*%g tired of this car.

spiro

• http://N/a
fuel pressure
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

fuel pressure regulator ?
spiro - 1989 SA Ford Capri

ilarson007

fuel pressure
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »

I don't know if it is the pressure regulator, but we were thinking more of the relay, because the pump is not getting the full 12 volts when we crank it.  Knowing that the pump does not have 12 volts, does that ring a bell for anyone else??  :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
fuel pressure
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »

Well the voltage to everything in the car is going to be a little low when cranking...that starter sucks down a load of power.

To test you can run a piece of heavier guage wire to the pump, on a switch or just when you are ready to crank, that will jump the voltage up a bit. You could also hook a battery charger directly (isolate it from the rest of the car) when you are ready to try cranking. (keep in mind polarity)
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

ilarson007

fuel pressure
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »

like 9 or 10 volts?  thats 2-3 volts low.  is that too much?

Clubsprint Turbo

fuel pressure
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »

Yes 9 - 10 volts when cranking is normal... As Rocketman said earlier, the starter motor causes the entire electrical system voltage to drop. If in doubt measure the voltage at the battery whilst cranking and compare it to the voltage measured at the fuel pump when cranking.

Have you changed the fuel filter yet? As you said it happened whilst driving, so that would be the first thing I'd replace, then clean or replace the filter gauze in the tank at the pump.

Then check the fuel flow as described in the manual. Volume pumped over time. Trying to measure fluid pressure can be highly inaccurate. Thats why the manual uses the volumetric method of checking.

ilarson007

fuel pressure
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »

well, we didn't replace the filter on the firewall, but we did replace the whole fuel pump.  I still think the power may have been low because the batteries we were using weren't fully charged (been sitting since May), and etc.
Pages: 1 [2]