TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Capri headlights!  (Read 125 times)

McClain

• 1991 Mercury Capri
Capri headlights!
« on: March 29, 2024, 06:46:19 PM »

I have a 91 NA capri with 50,000 miles, sadly hit that today, recently my turn signal switch was very floppy and not stay up, it got very annoying after a while so I bought a new turn signal column, after putting it in everything works perfectly except for my brights, when I start to pull the turn signal back the brights turn on but when I pull it all the way back and click it into place, it turns all the lights off, and if I wait it will put the headlights off, all the plugs and everything are the same as the old one. It also fits perfectly but I can figure out why it isn’t working, it turns the brights on but when I go to make them stay on it turns the lights off, I am at a loss for what it could be, I have check the interior fuse box and the main engine box, but I feel like I am missing something, any help is much appreciated! Love this site so much!!

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Capri headlights!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 10:43:17 AM »

Maybe a bad switch?
Jack Byrd

McClain

• 1991 Mercury Capri
Re: Capri headlights!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 02:45:41 PM »

For some odd reason it didn't work for a few weeks then last night i went to try it again and it just worked great, i have no idea what changed but I'm not gonna try and find out and end up breaking it again.