TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: A late introduction  (Read 2150 times)

Yzzerdd

A late introduction
« on: September 27, 2009, 06:02:00 AM »

Been meaning to write one of these, but between the bad weather(so no good car pic) and the work I've had to do on the car, I wasn't able to. Well the car's ran great for the last week or so, and the weathers been sunny and hot!

For those who don't know the back story, I'll do a version of it here. I buy and sell cars on a fairly frequent basis, makes me good money. Seems these cars are daily drivers, I don't do the buy/sell as much as I'd like. Instead, I buy a car, get to know it, drive it around for awhile, and when I find something else cooler, I sell what I've got. I like to buy cars fairly cheap that need work, get them to running condition, and drive them until I get my money's worth, when I eventually sell.

I bought my first Ford product about a month ago, my 1991 Capri. Got it for $900 with great tires, good brakes, cold AC, working heater, new top, a perfect interior, and everything on the car seems to be original(which, for the speakers, which buzz, is a bad thing). I could have gotten the car for $700, though. The guy I got it from has a few parts Capri's, and this one had a definately bad fuel pump. So, he said he'd sell it like that for $700 and let me take the fuel pump out of another Capri. I did that, got it running, and drove it. Then, it wouldn't start(and I found out why later). So, we thought the fuel pump, which sat for awhile, maybe was gummed up, and he bought a brand new one for $200. I installed it, got the car running, and bought it. After much trial and error (and breaking down at stoplights) I finally got it fixed, a bad ignitor. I bet the used pump I installed in the car was perfectly fine.

Now I've got a really cool and fun car that was pretty cheap too(actually, I spent more buying the car than I ever did on the 6 previous vehicles, one of which, that I still own and drive, I paid $50 for). I love the sporty look and feel of the car. It gets up alright, too, but I must say, the 91 S10 I had was about the same for takeoff. But it had a Vortec motor and a racing transmission.

Thankyou all for your valuable help that got this car running.

--Ryan

I didn't want to resize the pics, but I hope everyone can take the time to view more here:
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/UniversalRiot/91%20Merc%20Capri/