TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: A late introduction  (Read 2145 times)

Yzzerdd

A late introduction
« on: September 27, 2009, 06:02:00 AM »

Been meaning to write one of these, but between the bad weather(so no good car pic) and the work I've had to do on the car, I wasn't able to. Well the car's ran great for the last week or so, and the weathers been sunny and hot!

For those who don't know the back story, I'll do a version of it here. I buy and sell cars on a fairly frequent basis, makes me good money. Seems these cars are daily drivers, I don't do the buy/sell as much as I'd like. Instead, I buy a car, get to know it, drive it around for awhile, and when I find something else cooler, I sell what I've got. I like to buy cars fairly cheap that need work, get them to running condition, and drive them until I get my money's worth, when I eventually sell.

I bought my first Ford product about a month ago, my 1991 Capri. Got it for $900 with great tires, good brakes, cold AC, working heater, new top, a perfect interior, and everything on the car seems to be original(which, for the speakers, which buzz, is a bad thing). I could have gotten the car for $700, though. The guy I got it from has a few parts Capri's, and this one had a definately bad fuel pump. So, he said he'd sell it like that for $700 and let me take the fuel pump out of another Capri. I did that, got it running, and drove it. Then, it wouldn't start(and I found out why later). So, we thought the fuel pump, which sat for awhile, maybe was gummed up, and he bought a brand new one for $200. I installed it, got the car running, and bought it. After much trial and error (and breaking down at stoplights) I finally got it fixed, a bad ignitor. I bet the used pump I installed in the car was perfectly fine.

Now I've got a really cool and fun car that was pretty cheap too(actually, I spent more buying the car than I ever did on the 6 previous vehicles, one of which, that I still own and drive, I paid $50 for). I love the sporty look and feel of the car. It gets up alright, too, but I must say, the 91 S10 I had was about the same for takeoff. But it had a Vortec motor and a racing transmission.

Thankyou all for your valuable help that got this car running.

--Ryan

I didn't want to resize the pics, but I hope everyone can take the time to view more here:
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/UniversalRiot/91%20Merc%20Capri/