TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Need some help!!!  (Read 2452 times)

LittleB10

Need some help!!!
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »

OK, my cam gear bolt snapped and is inside the camshaft. It threw off the timing and everything like that. I have it all tore apart and ready for install (new timing, and drive belts, spark plugs, wires, etc.) but I need a new camshaft (b660 only number i found on it and is the back one) so I can get the car running. I have a 91 N/A and was built in 5/91. I heard they switched some things on the late models of 91. I may see if a machine shop will drill out the bolt and rethread it but I don't know. I also found a little oil in the spark plugs when I took off the valve cover. Anyone have any ideas whats that about? I also took off power steering (it was bad pump and belt broke) and took out ac too. I don't need ac when its a drop top lol. If you know anyone that has a camshaft or have any advice please drop me a line. I also have a back bumper for sale, I believe its an oem for the turbo models (has moldings on it and does not look like the bumper thats on my car). and have pics. Best offer gets it, just want it gone. I'll worry about performance a little later. Thanks and yes I am new to the Capri world (only had it 3 months) but not the tuning world!

Joe
'91 Capri N/A
LittleB10@verizon.net
Joe
\\\'91 N/A
LittleB010@gmail.com
LittleB010@aol.com

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Need some help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »

Where in NEPA are you? I believe I have a spare N/A intake camshaft (you said back cam which would be the intake). If you're close we can work something out this weekend.

I would also like pics of the rear bumper you have, if you could email them to me.

Regards,
Rocketman
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"