TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: sputs and sputters  (Read 2726 times)

andyman

sputs and sputters
« on: May 10, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »

I have a 92 capri non turbo with 77000 miles. On a long trip i was getting low on fuel, pulled in and filled it up, the car started fine but when i put it in gear it started sputtering and died. the car would re start but the same problem as soon as you put it in gear it would die. Does any one have any sujestion on this. I have changed plugs,wires distributor cap and rotor. Sometimes the car runs great and then out of the blue it starts again?

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
sputs and sputters
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »

dump a can of the B-12 Chemtool in it. you might just have some bad gas/water in there. my car would do the same when i would reach 1/4 tank. i ran a can of that through it and i can run the car empty now each time. you can get it at all car parts store but i found it cheapest at walmart

put 1/2 can in on a full tank then the rest on the next tank. 1 can is made for about 16 gallons

i saw the difference after the first tank. i also got almost 2 more MPG.

i ran it into all my cars after that and all of them increased gas mileage by 1 or 2 MPG
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

Benbob

sputs and sputters
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

Yea, I'm having the same problem, I've done plugs, leads, rotor, distributor cap, air filter, fuel filter, oil chinge, oil filter, cleaned out my air intake, and put some injector cleaner additive in but still no avail..

If it helps I notice it runs ok after 70kph and reverses fine, it's just as soon as it goes into first all hell breaks loose. Also I can hear a loud spark coming from somewhere to the right (looking from hood to trunk) of the engine bay while it's sputtering.
I'm thinking it may be the coil??

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
sputs and sputters
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 02:26:00 AM »

do they have B12 Chemtool over there?

if so give that a try..it works wonders i tell ya
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible